Saturday, August 23, 2008

The results of the first spin!


My cat helped me take a picture of the new scarf I made from my first attempt at spinning. I spun it with a drop spindle and fiber from http://silversunalpacas.etsy.com. I did singles of wool and alpaca and then plied them to make the yarn. I knitted it up in garter stitch on size 35's. It was very thick and thin, but it gives the scarf a really handmade look. Thanks to all who helped, especially the Spinners group on Ravelry.
Off to make more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
The scarf looks great. My first yarn was thick and thin too, but plying helped to balance it. Good luck on your future spinning.

frolicnfibers said...

fjOooh, that is really pretty...it makes me want to touch it! Good job! Diana

frolicnfibers said...

Your new scarf is awesome Annie...it makes me want to reach out and touch it!! I just checked my blog (haven't been there in a week :() so I thought I'd better answer you! My hubby's shop is Steelmyart.etsy.com and if you talk to him I'm sure he'd be thrilled and nervous both (he thinks he can't do the whole blogging/convo/forum thing!) I told him he just has to jump in with both feet...however, he can't swim LOL Take care and keep up the spinning!